Simple Ways to Develop Good Dental Habits
Healthy teeth not only results in beautiful smile but is also deeply connected to your overall health. A good smile starts with good oral hygiene and consistent dental habits. Good oral hygiene results in a mouth that looks and smells healthy.
- Your teeth are clean and free of debris;
- Gums are pink and do not hurt or bleed when you brush or floss; and,
- Bad breath is not a constant problem.
If your gums hurt or bleed while brushing or flossing, or you are experiencing persistent bad breath, see Dr. Grover at Grover Dental Centre - any of these conditions may indicate health a problem. Our staff make sure that you always feel welcome and comfortable, are respectful and sensitive to your needs, and provide a variety of treatment options, including preventive dentistry for adults and children, cosmetic dentistry, bleaching, dental hygiene, fillings, root canals, dental surgery, crowns and bridges, and Invisalign® braces, as well as Under Armour® custom mouth guards.
Maintaining good oral hygiene is one of the most important things you can do for your teeth and gums. Your dentist in Medicine Hat or hygienist can help you learn good oral hygiene techniques and can help point out areas of your mouth that may require extra attention during brushing and flossing. In between regular visits to the dentist, there are simple steps that each of us can take to greatly decrease the risk of developing dental problems. Preventive dental care includes:
- Brushing thoroughly twice a day and flossing daily;
- Eating a balanced diet and limiting snacks between meals; and
- Using dental products that contain fluoride.
- Develop a consistent, habit-forming routine of brushing and flossing morning and night in the very least. Opt for an alcohol-free mouthwash solution that is gentle on the mouth’s soft tissue.
- Eat fresh, fiber-rich fruits and veggies, like apples and carrots, help scrub plaque and debris off tooth surfaces, allowing for a fresher and healthier mouth.
- Visit your dentist regularly with cleanings every six months in order to take the reins on your complete wellbeing.